These are some of the paintings/sculptures that we liked at the Russian Museum in St. Petersburg.

Showing Christ, as if preaching the Gospel in Russia.
[Ryan really liked this one when he saw it while serving his mission.
I thought it was a cool depiction due to my belief in the Book of Mormon.]



This is a very sinister-looking violinist. We took this photo for Sabrina's benefit.

Interesting abstract art.

About an hour into the museum, Hyrum needed to nurse, so I went ahead of Ryan and found a gallery that had a bench in the middle and began feeding him (completely covered up with a nursing blanket). A docent came up to me and in Russian asked if I was feeding a baby and if I would follow her. She took me into this passageway, pulled the rope barricade away and set up a chair with me facing the wall. When Hyrum was almost done, Ryan caught up with us and took the picture (after asking if this is where I put myself). The sculpture in the foreground is named "Calamity."

Spring in St. Petersburg.

Going off to war. Notice the steam engine in the background. We took this for Roderic's benefit.
No comments:
Post a Comment