I am so pleased with how cute Hyrum's cake turned out!

I got the idea for a train cake from
Family Fun magazine online.

One yellow cake mix filled up 6 mini loaf pans. I made cream cheese frosting and used a lot of food coloring to get the vibrant colors for each of the train cars. I was going for "The Little Engine that Could" and filled the cars with good things for the children on the other side of the mountain to eat. (i.e. pumpkins, swedish fish, buttered popcorn, hershey's kisses) The coal was licorice nibs and the caboose had gummy bears on the lookout. The wheels were mini oreos. The cuplings were made out of strawberry twizzlers.
(after seeing the cake Lindsay made for Sawyer, I decided I could also make a cake for my 1 year old)
7 comments:
Unbelievably cute! The title for your post should be: let him completely and utterly destroy the beautiful creation that I slaved over for hours. I know, I'm such a cynic. Thank heaven for before and after pictures.
Yay for you Malauna. It is fun to make a cute cake even if they destroy it. On their first birthday you just have to do that!
That is awesome. I wish I could do something that creative. If I tried to do that it would be a mess in the kitchen and the cake wouldn't turn out. That is the cutest 1 year cake I have ever seen. Way to go!
Soooooo cute! Wanna make Ava's?
It took me to child #3 to make a cake for my kid. Until then, I bought a half sheet cake from Albertson's and they gave me a free 8" round cake for the birthday-girl (and boy). They only do that for the child's first birthday.
I love that birthday cake! I've tried so many times to make cute birthday cakes, but they are usually a joke. Anything in the crafty genre is soo not my forte! I love the baby pics! By the way, I'm Ryan's cousin. We've never met, as I live in Illinois and haven't been able to get out west in over a decade. Sigh! I ran into your blog on the family web site thing. Well, have a good one!
Renae
Post a Comment