Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Take a trip with me...

...down memory lane!

I have been having so much fun remembering and commenting on cool memories about all the people I know with blogs who are doing this, so I thought I might as well join the fun and see what you remember about me. So,

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

9 comments:

Steph said...

I remember hanging out while our husbands played RISK. I was pregnant with Sam, and I asked you lots of questions on being a mom, since you have such a great daughter. You were a big help to me--I was such a stress case. I appreciated it! And you told me you sang barbershop with your sisters. I thought that was so cool! Still do!

Shanda said...

I'm not sure which memory to leave! How about this one? Remember when we were singing "Sleigh Ride" at the Ogden City mall and Keturah sang "giddyup!" so loud that it made all of us laugh and we couldn't finish the song? Mom was so mad at us! We should have left the mall in shame, but we were still laughing so hard! In fact, I'm laughing again just thinking about it! I know we got over it because we still sing in public, but I think that was my favorite time.

tammy said...

I remember you coming to Logan and going sledding with us. My little girls loved you because you would play and play and play with them . I remember your wedding and what a beautiful bride you were. I remember you and your sisters singing at a fam Christmas party and you seemed so tiny and your voice was so big. We love you Malauna!

Renae said...

Okay, well since I only know you through these wonderful blog things, the closest thing that I have of a memory of you is an engagement picture. (Yes, I actually ran across it a few weeks ago. That was rather cool, since I kind of know you now. Ryan, sad to say, gets lost in all of those other Gibby cousins that I never got to know very well. It really stinks to have all of this great family that I barely know at all. Can you settle for my brother's memory of Ryan? (John, if you are a lurker on this website, sorry for stealing your thunder.) Anyway, John spent a couple of semesters at BYU after his mission. He lived with Aunt Carol for a while. This would have been around 1997ish. Were you two attached by then? Maybe you met my brother, John? Anyway, shortly after he'd arrived in the Utah world, there was some Gibby family function which John, being part of the Gibby family, attended. He said that Ryan sat next to him, and spent a good deal of the time under the assumption that John was the date of another Gibby cousin. Too funny. Understandable though, since we only got to visit once every couple of years as children, and there are about a million of you. I haven't been able to visit Utah since John left on his mission. I'd love to go, but I can't afford the travel. Oh well, I do enjoy getting to know a few of you through these blogs!

Malauna said...

Renae, I remember that memory of John about Ryan. We were married by then and I was still overwhelmed with trying to learn every Gibby's name (and there are a million of them - I still haven't mastered their names). I asked Ryan who several people were and he didn't know. We decided that they must be dates. After talking with John he felt so embarrased that he didn't know he was his cousin at first.

Jones Family said...

Ok Maulana, I hate these things and I'm not adding it to my blog, but here our my two favorite memories. You gave me the coolest black sheep tie. I have always been and will always be the black sheep of the Gibby family. Although I am the Elder's Quorom President in my ward I'm just not Mormon enough for the clan. I still get that tie out and wear it. My favorite tie of all time ( I have over 100 in my closet). The second is the buddy tickets you gave Leesha and I one year. We went to Hawaii it was great and we have never forgot it.

Steve

sew happy Stacy said...

Sewing, sewing, sewing!!! Our on going goal to be ready for prom dresses has held us together for many years. I am so glad to have found someone who is more than willing to go to Joann's with me just because we haven't been in a few weeks (okay maybe days). Thanks Malauna

Luella said...

Oh, where to begin? I guess I am the first aunt to share a memory, so I hope you don't get embarrassed by memories of your babyhood. I don't remember alot from when you were a baby, but I do remember babysitting you when I was 11 years old. I came over every Wednesday night when your Mom when to church for Activity Night - whatever it was called back then. I used to love holding you as much as I could - you were such a sweet baby! I was so upset when your family moved from New York back to Utah. I enjoyed getting to know you and Ryan when you came to visit us. Remember our trip through Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty? We haven't gone there since then, but maybe we're due to go soon. I love you!

Luella said...

From Tony - "Here come Malauna's lips!" How are you, Lips?