Next, I was barely 16. I had dyed my hair black with a temporary black dye for the school musical. The 3 weeks of the temporary dye came and went and my hair stayed black, so my sister and her friend (both cosmetology graduates) started doing all sorts of things to my hair to strip the color out of it. What I ended up with was a calico hair color. This is how I went to Junior Prom.
As soon as prom was over, I had my sister cut my hair really short. I got my first driver's license with this haircut, of course it was better styled - here I had just woken up in the morning on a camping trip to the Tetons.
Through my senior year, I kept with the same short style. It was so easy to do, just wash and go. Even though I grew my hair a couple of times, I ended up cutting my hair two months before Ryan and I got engaged, so my hair looked like this again.Now my hair style is long enough to cover my ears (if I would just stop pushing it behind them) but short enough that it is not possible to do pony tails or braids.

Enter Roderic. He has a fetish with my hair. I first noticed it when nursing him. I thought he would outgrow it. He hasn't, yet. I have hope that one day he will stop petting, pulling, twisting, pretend cutting my hair. We'll have to warn his future bride, for sure.
Do you think that maybe if I cut my hair really short it would cure him? I've got an appointment with my favorite hair dresser who isn't my sister in March, and need to start prepping Ryan if it's going to be drastic.
6 comments:
I love your hair when you were a senior. Those are such cute pictures! My guess is that Roderic will love playing and touching your hair however you get it cut! It's instead of a blankie
I've always preferred your hair short, but I also really like the way it is now. Kierra loves playing with my hair too, but she has stopped doing it too much because it reminds me to brush her hair - which she doesn't like. Oh well!
I love that camping picture! ha ha! I seem to have the opposite problem. I keep having long hair over and over. I'm usually just too lazy to get it cut. The only time mine was shorter than shoulder length was when I was about 13, and I had to get it cut short because I'd turned it green swimming too much.
Mom says: "However you cut it, save a shank of it, put it in .... I don't know... something, and give it to Roderic. When it is worn out, then no more hair! It works for binkies (and blankies) doesn't it?"
Aaron still has a hair thing and he is 9 1/2. My hair is up and down all of the time, but as soon as it gets any length at all, he is rubbing it at church or when we are working on homework together until I realize that he is doing it and make him stop. So have your hair however you like it, tell the Ry guy to man up, and have it how you want.
I love it short!
Post a Comment