Last fall, when Ryan was on his week long adventure in the Sawtooth mountains of Idaho, Sabrina and I painted her bedroom. Blue. It had been pink since we moved in 2.5 years ago. With the walls no longer pink, the green ivy and pink flower quilt I made in high school (Laurel project) no longer matched her room, so I decided I needed to make her a new quilt. Sabrina picked out all of the fabrics for this quilt and I learned how to appliqué. The pattern wanted every solid block to have a flower appliquéd on it, but that became too overwhelming, so I did 5 instead of 20.
After helping a friend tie a quilt for her father-in-law, I decided that it would be good for Sabrina to invite friends over to help tie hers. Last month I had the brilliant idea to make me a deadline for getting the quilt done this weekend when they had no school. She invited 8 friends, but only 4 were able to come. The quilt was tied in 40 minutes. They were so fast! I wonder how fast it would have been if all 8 would have come! They had another 90 minutes before the parents would return, so they played a couple of rounds of "Curses". During that time I worked on binding the quilt and I got it finished before dinner, so she was able to sleep under it that night.
(Unfortunately, the blues on the quilt clash with the blue of the room. I think we may have to repaint...)
3 comments:
That's a neat idea to have the girls help tie it! Too bad to have it come out not to match!
Yeah, we should have taken a paint chip with us to the fabric store.
Well, now all you need to do is bring a corner of fabric to the paint store and ask them to match the paint to the fabric. The quilt looks great!
Post a Comment