Saturday, January 30, 2010

Restaurant Review: Boise Fry Company

Roderic, Clara and Hyrum after eating their fill of fries.

When coupons came in the mail for a restaurant that specializes in fries and makes burgers on the side, I was intrigued. The coupons didn't say exactly what to expect, just that they serve different kinds of fries - sweet potato, Russet, Yukon Gold, etc. Being pregnant and sensitive to getting cravings based on suggestions, I decided I had to try it out. I dragged Stacy (OK she drove, but I invited her!) along and we took ourselves and our combined 4 children on an outing to Boise Fry Co.

Let me say right off that this is not a restaurant that caters to children. At. All. It only had 2 tables that would sit the 6 of us and they were both bar height. The only kid friendly (or pregnant lady friendly) drinks they offered were milkshakes and Sierra Mist.

The staff was very friendly in explaining our options for fries. There were more than 15 different kinds of fries offered. Shoestring, curly, home style and regular were the cuts. Russet, Gold, Purple, Sweet, Yam, White were the potato choices. I ordered Home style Russet and Curly Purple to try. They were tasty. The condiments bar was a lot of fun: Ketchup, Fry Sauce, Blueberry Ketchup, Roasted Garlic and Mayo, and Teriyaki.

The burgers were HUGE. Stacy and I could have gotten away with ordering one burger for the 4 kids to share.

Will I go again? Perhaps with adults only. Do I recommend it to you? Yes I do, but take a coupon with you!

1 comment:

Steph said...

We'll have to try it! Sounds great! And I love your new background!