Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday happenings

Rough night of sleep. Leo woke up 30 minutes after I fell asleep and then every 2 hours. Hyrum woke up at some point and came to our room. At 4am, I asked Ryan to return Hyrum to his own bed and I went looking around the house for the bulb-syringe to suck the snot out of Leo's nose. Memo to self: Make sure the bulb-syringe is in Leo's bed before retiring. I couldn't calm Leo down so we spent the rest of the night in the recliner. Morning came much too soon. Very thankful that Ryan took Roderic and Sabrina to school.

Hyrum, Leo and I went to Friends at the Park. Roderic came with Stacy after kindergarten. We ate lunch and I watched the boys play with friends while I talked with friends. Good times. Hyrum ended up taking a nap this afternoon since he played so hard.

Sabrina had her violin lesson. Roderic asked the neighbor if he could play at their house instead of coming with me and my neighbor invited Hyrum to play as well, so it ended up being me and Leo. On the drive over, I asked Sabrina if she'd like me to come into her lesson today. She said she'd rather I not. Instead I took sleeping Leo to the fruit stand and bought the cutest little navel oranges (among other produce). We tried an orange while cooking dinner - sweet and juicy - just like they advertised. Glad I bought 20 (they were 10 for $1).

Ryan had a 30 minutes before the activity meeting with the boy scouts to plan their upcoming camping trip. The first boy who came arrived 10 minutes late. The next boy about 6 minutes later. Then a few others showed up. At 6:30 pm, when the meeting was supposed to be over and the activity beginning, the senior patrol leader came and said he thought the camp out was cancelled because there wasn't enough time to plan it. It's not cancelled. Guess they'll plan this one over the phone.

Happy 70th Birthday Grandpa Gibby!

We all ate a circus peanut in your honor to celebrate - Leo did not eat one. They were delicious.

I'm praying for a better night of sleep tonight!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh those first few months with a newborn can be killer! Wishing you good sleep tonight.

Ralina said...

I hope last night you got better sleep. No fun to not get sleep and have to take care of the rest of the kids the next day.