A Would you send the 4 year old to the bathroom by himself (not thinking about the ultra heavy doors he would have to open in order to get in and out of the bathroom)?
B Would you wander the halls of the church with the 4 Sunbeams looking for the dad (the mom teaches a different class), hoping that you'd find the dad with plenty of time for them to make it to the bathroom?
C Would you take the whole class to the bathroom (with another child saying that they also needed to use the toilet on the way there) while carrying your 2.5 month-old sleeping baby in a sling? And then when they enter the cavernous room and start shrieking, because it is an echo chamber (and what 3 or 4 year old doesn't like the sound of their own voice), would you start laughing as you try to quiet them and hurry them along on their business, knowing full well that this bathroom is separated by a thin accordion wall and a baptismal font from the Relief Society room and a lesson about Jesus Christ?
I went with option C yesterday as I substituted in Hyrum's class. When I was talking it over with Ryan, I told him that I had always pictured the scene in the new testament (Mark 10:13-16) when his disciples turned away the little children, that the children were walking quietly, with their arms folded towards the Savior. After my experience yesterday, I think they may have been running, boisterous, shrieking (because their voices sound cool bouncing off the walls), laughing children and the Savior wanted to enjoy their enthusiasm. (And remind us that it is OK to be like them.)
Enjoy a picture of my smiling baby!
5 comments:
haha. I teach the 3-4 year old sunbeams actually. Every week before we start the class (after opening exercises) I take the whole lot of them to the bathroom. I learned that as soon as one says they have to go to the bathroom the rest of them want to anyway.
Definitely "C". Plus, the effect was pretty awesome from the RS room.
That would have been classic!! 'C' was the best choice!!
Love your baby's grin!
I would have chosen "C" as well. Our Relief Society room is right next to the Primary room, and I very frequently stop listening to the RS teacher and listen to the music that the Primary children are singing. I'm sure the shrieking was not as musical, but just as beautiful!
Post a Comment