Tuesday, March 1, 2011

100th Day of School and then President's Day

In First Grade they have all sorts of celebrations. Like Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, the 100th day of school, Valentine's Day, President's Day, Dr. Seuss' birthday.

100 seems like such a large number, especially to a 6 year old, so to celebrate the 100th Day of School, he got to do a worksheet to help grasp what 100 is.

I can eat 100 crums (crumbs). {Cookie and Cake crumbs preferably.}
I can hold 100 LEGO. {As long as they get put away afterwards.}
I can run 100 mils (miles). {Not all at once, though.}
But I would never want 100 pupees (puppies). {AMEN!}

For President's Day, he filled out a booklet on what he would do if he were president. The underlined words are Roderic's responses.

If I were President, the first thing I would do is mac lose (make laws).
If I were President, I would eat chickin (chicken).
If I were President, I would travel to Uootuoe (Utah).
If I were President, I would have a pet cat named Fluflee.
If I were President, I would pass a law that teflfoones (telephones).
If I were President, I would help Bagpaprs (Bagpipers).

4 comments:

heroineworshipper said...

> If I were President, I would travel to Uootuoe (Utah).

Gibbyr trained him well.

> If I were President, I would have a pet cat named Fluflee.

What's wrong with lions?

> If I were President, I would help Bagpaprs (Bagpipers).

Gibbyr created a Democrat.

Noelle said...

I thought pupees referred to poopies. I guess I spend too much time around little kids.

Sabrina said...

How come I never saw this paper?? Maybe I was doing my homework.

heroineworshipper said...

Guess a space program was no match for guaranteed bagpiper mortgages. Gibbyr really did himself in with this one.