Friday, April 8, 2011

Let Him Eat {more} Cake!

I made Leo a lion cake for his first birthday. I used a 4-inch bowl to bake the cake for the head and then surrounded it with cupcakes dipped in OREO crumbs for the mane. Pretty cute and clever if you ask me.

We have given all of our kids their own cake to eat play with destroy when they turn one. It is their first taste of cake and frosting. We ate the cupcakes and he got the 4" round.

Hyrum kept pretending to eat Leo's piece of cake - he never did take a bite, though. He started before he had even taken a bite of his own cupcake.

After 20 minutes of filming him, Leo finally dropped the whole thing on the floor. He was sufficiently done.

On the Monday after his birthday, he got to go to the doctor for his well-child exam and his vital statistics are:
Weight - 19 lbs 14 oz (10th percentile)
Length - 31 inches (90th percentile)
Head Circumference - 19 inches (90th percentile)

These stats fit in perfectly with the rest of the family: tall, slender, big head.

We filmed the destruction of the cake, then put it through some software to speed parts of it up 10x. The end result is 6 minutes of watching Leo. If I can ever figure out how to get it attached, I'll put it here.

No comments: