We got a bike for Roderic from a friend whose son had out-grown it. It was parked for a while on our front porch by leaning against the house because it didn't have a kickstand. Roderic's imagination and fascination with Calvin and Hobbes cartoon strips have caused him to nickname it his "Calvin bike". The bike doesn't have training wheels and when learning to ride training-wheel free, he would often say, "It's trying to kill me!" Just like Calvin. He has mostly gotten over this fear and will ride the bike for short distances (around our cul-de-sac).

One day while I was trying to convince him to ride his bike, I told him about a time when I had a "Calvin bike". It was a present from Ryan in 1997. I recently found a picture.

Here is a video of him riding his "Calvin bike".
1 comment:
Shouldn't Gibbyr be shown looking at the bike, from behind?
Post a Comment