Wednesday, October 26, 2011

He's 5!

We've got a green-loving, strawberry-eating, LEGO-playing, big-smiling 5 year old at our house now!

With Sabrina already gone to school by the time the boys woke up, we limited Hyrum to opening 2 of his presents on the birthday couch. At lunchtime, I had to move them to a secret location so he would no longer be tempted to open the rest.

A camouflage outfit and a Lightning McQueen LEGO set. He has already built the set twice by himself.


He has told me that he wanted a strawberry cake for months now. I decided that since his favorite color was green, I would make it an unripe strawberry (and I haven't ever had luck at getting frosting to be true red - even with the gel colors, and didn't want a pink strawberry).

At our house, when it's your birthday, you get to pick the menu for dinner. This is Hyrum's request for tonight: Chicken Nuggets, French Toast and Tomato Soup. I have never served these items together in one meal. I guess there is a first time for everything.

I've recorded him singing "I'm Five" which is a song from the Muppet Show. It is really adorable to watch. Unfortunately, it is 120MB, and blogger only allows movies up to 100MB to be put on the blog. I'll post it on YouTube if there is enough interest.

2 comments:

heroineworshipper said...

About time Gibbyr turned 5. Already have plenty of memories of him singing "A Wink and a Smile".

Susie said...

Phew! So glad you didn't have the cupcakes for dinner Rachel told me were on the menu for Hyrum's birthday!