I saw a picture of a Tree Christmas card holder while browsing through Facebook on one of my cousin's profiles. I think it is adorable. It used up scraps. I got to practice my quilting skills. I am now ready to receive (and display) your Christmas cards! (My neighbor's daughter thinks I should sew on some decorations, so you know its a Christmas Tree.)
This is a project I saw on Sew, Mama, Sew! in July 2010. I have decided that each of my children would like to have an advent calendar that they are responsible for changing each day. (I don't like the arguments of who gets to move the star, for example.) This one has 24 pockets that hold a 3x5 card with an activity for the family to do together. A lot of the activities will be the things we're doing as a family anyhow, like attending Sabrina's orchestra concert, the Ward Party, watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional (on BYUtv), decorating the Christmas tree, and others will be small things like drinking hot cocoa, reading the scriptures next to the lit Christmas tree.And since I finished our Christmas pjs, I had time to work on these! And now that they are done, I'm going to make ties for the boys and a blouse for Sabrina, so they can be dressed in their Christmas finery on Christmas day.
2 comments:
Suppose it's easier than trying to increase margins on DRAM products.
So cute Malauna! I had grand schemes to make an advent calendar this year too- but instead am trying to do a Christmas quilt so that both girls will have one. Wanna come help me finish it???
Post a Comment