Friday, August 17, 2012

A new dress!

 This has been a hot summer.  Even more so since I'm pregnant.  So I am finding that skirts dresses are by far the coolest thing to wear.  I bought this dress at Wal-mart at the beginning of the summer and have worn it a couple of times with a shirt under it. The armhole openings required a shirt under it and as my belly has grown, the length has shrunk.  And did I mention it is hot?  I didn't want to continue to wear a shirt under it or even think about wearing leggings with it.  Stacy and I went to Caledonia Fine Fabrics downtown, looking for some chambray to make a ruffly, flowing sleeve and instead found this perfect ruffle fabric so I could add sleeves and 4 inches to the bottom. It was a $3 fix and took about 3 hours from thought process to cutting to sewing to be able to wear.  I am very pleased with how it turned out!
I believe I even have enough of this fabric left over from the 1/4 yard I bought to be able to make a onesie dress for the baby!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I didn't know! Congratulations!! :)