Last July, our temple closed for renovations. Oh how I've missed it. I've written about it here. The temple is right next to the interstate, quite a sight - especially at night when the lights are on. But during the construction phase the exterior lights were off. I was so happy to see them turn on again at the beginning of October!
Now we are in the Open House phase - until November 10. Last Friday I got to take the tour twice - in the morning with my husband and children and in the afternoon with a friend from chorus and her children. Can I just say how beautiful it is!
The Entry, with 2 Carl Bloch paintings (there are many of his paintings throughout the temple).
The Baptismal Font, with stained glass
and murals depicting Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery being baptized and confirmed.
The Sealing Room, with eternity mirrors.
Sabrina says this is the most beautiful room in the entire temple.
The Celestial Room
On the 26th of October, Sabrina and 3 of her friends (the Mad for Music String Serenaders Quartet) had the opportunity to play at the open house in the reception hall. The had weekly practices for a month before hand to prepare 30 minutes of church and classical music. We invited Ryan's parents to come and tour the temple and hear them play, so that day Ryan, Roderic and Hyrum got to tour the temple as well. Leo was really sad when he learned that he missed going to the temple with them (it was during nap time). Just imagine his exuberance at being able to go to the temple the next week! "I going temple? Hurray!" complete with jumping.
The cultural celebration will be held on November 17 in the Taco Bell Arena on BSU campus and the temple will be dedicated by President Monson on November 18. The temple will reopen on November 20 and I have plans to go twice that week because there is no school for the children so Sabrina will be able to babysit for me! My goal is to attend the temple at least 3 times before Beatrix is born.





2 comments:
Beautiful!! Wish I could come see it. You are so blessed to live so close to one. I love my memories of being in the temple with you.
Temples are too extravagant. They're going to have to be downsized & the furniture shared with the voters.
Post a Comment