Monday, March 4, 2013

3 months


I plan to share the normal things of today because I realize in a couple of years what I'm doing today won't be the normal anymore and I will forget.

Beatrix is now 3 months old and about 11 lbs.  I don't have anything more accurate because the bathroom scale needs batteries.

# of times I drove to the elementary school today: 3 (bringing Hyrum & Rachel home from Reading with First Grade, taking Hyrum to Kindergarten, bringing my 2 boys and the neighbor's 3 girls home after school)

# of laundry loads washed & dried:1 (Leo's; it has yet to be put away)

What we ate for dinner tonight: Chicken and Rice casserole, steamed Brussels sprouts, baby carrots straight from the bag, and homegrown grape juice

# of diapers changed: 4 (two were poopy - one of those a blowout)

I didn't  keep track of the hours sitting nursing Bea.

I made 8 tissue-paper pom-poms for tomorrow night's Relief Society dinner.  I have 36 more to make.  It seems like a million.

I read the beginning of Chapter 5 in the Lorenzo Snow Teachings of the Presidents book.  This opening paragraph just makes so much sense to me.  It is logical.  And I have had a witness that it is true.
We were born in the image of God our Father; he begat us like unto himself. There is the nature of deity in the composition of our spiritual organization; in our spiritual birth our Father transmitted to us the capabilities, powers and faculties which he himself possessed, as much so as the child on its mother’s bosom possesses, although in an undeveloped state, the faculties, powers and susceptibilities of its parent.
I completed 2 levels of Angry Birds on my Kindle Fire.  It took me many tries to accomplish this.

I took Hyrum to the dentist (after reading but before kindergarten) to get his teeth cleaned.  He has no cavities!  The dentist and hygienist both told him that he should brush his teeth twice a day and for longer than 30 seconds.

I didn't get an email from my brother Carson (serving a mission in Armenia).  Most likely because I didn't send him an email last night.

I encouraged Roderic to practice his violin.  He played a 2-octave G Major scale and Allegretto.

I practiced "Time After Time" for about 10 minutes using the interpretation from our coaching session yesterday.  And I learned that Spontuneous Quartet will perform 12th out of 26 and Syringa Sound Chorus will perform 8th out of 19 at contest.  I'm pretty excited about that!

2 comments:

heroineworshipper said...

Now Gibbyr needs to write the normal things of his day. Suspect it involves lots of competition.

Trever and Heather said...

I need to do this too! Good idea!