This 3 year old loves trucks, cars, trains, books (about trucks, cars & trains), going to Nursery at church each Sunday, watching movies, playing "Minnie's Kitchen" on the computer - making cakes and breakfast, and playing in his sandbox with trucks and cars.
For his birthday, we took him to ride on Thomas the Tank Engine in Heber City, Utah (over Memorial Day weekend). He was so excited to see Thomas! When Ryan took him over to see the engine, he was done after a few seconds because you see, Thomas didn't talk to him. Luckily, they had several tents with entertaining stuff for Roderic to do for the 90 minutes we had to wait for our train ride (because we missed the original train that we were supposed to ride).When I asked Roderic (yesterday) what he wanted for his birthday dinner, he said, "Strawberries, tortillas and chocolate milk." And tonight for dinner we ate strawberries from our garden, tortillas (with melted cheese -- our friends the Bakers who showed us this way to eat tortillas said a friend of theirs called them 'casa-dillas'), chocolate milk, and broccoli (although Roderic didn't eat any broccoli until after he ate cake.)
I feel like I tapped all my creative juices for the cake decorations. When I was finished decorating it, I showed it to Roderic and he said excitedly, "That's Thomas!" That made it totally worth it to me. I made a cream cheese frosting that was especially delicious! I'm going to need to remember this recipe for future cakes and cookies:
9 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
Mix in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer. If necessary, add milk to make of spreading consistency.
No comments:
Post a Comment