Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm so excited!

Earlier this year, my mom recommended a series of books for me to read because I was nursing a lot, so I had a lot of reading time available. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about these quilters and so I started looking into taking a quilting class in the spring. I found several stores around Boise that offered beginning quilting classes, and decided that was for me. The reason I couldn't start then is because I nurse my babies, and this one doesn't like a bottle. I even told Stacy that she would need to sign up with me to take the class (although her husband now refutes that she would even like to learn how to quilt). Long story short...
TONIGHT IS THE FIRST CLASS!!
In the first 3 meetings of the class, we're going to learn about designing and drafting a quilt, color, fabric selection and machine piecing. That seems all fine and dandy. In classes 4-6, we're going to learn how to set them, add borders, determine and mark quilting designs, quilting techniques and attaching binding. Its the last 3 classes that I'm most excited for, but in order to get to that stuff, you need quilt blocks, and that is what we make in the first 3 classes. All things must go in order.

1 comment:

Susie said...

How fun! Even more so, because you get to stick Ryan with your sick child! Ha. Poor Roderic, I hope he's okay.