Last Sunday, when we got home from seeing the MoTab and King's Singers Christmas concert, there were 2 messages on the answering machine from our ward's Executive Secretary. They were both about setting up an appointment for me to see the Bishop. First thought: I'm getting a new calling; I wonder what it will be. Second thought: I wonder if this has any thing to do with this.
I had to wait with those thoughts until Wednesday night. I thought about being a Primary teacher, a Sunday School Teacher, Ward Librarian, or maybe even in the RS Presidency.
So, when the Bishop asked if I'd be the Ward Choir Director, I replied, "Wow. I didn't see that one coming."
I've been a member of the choir in every ward I've ever been in since I was 12. And now I get to be the director. I get to choose the songs. I get to invite (with firm expectations) people to come to choir practice. [that's how Sister Roedel did it, right?] I get to work with some amazing musicians. I think this will be a great adventure. Wow.
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yeah!!!! you are finally out of enrichment!!! Whew!!! Have fun with this one
So do you think the Bishop read your blog and finally realized that you had been in Enrichment forevah!? Congrats on the new calling. I'm sure you will be awesome. In my opinion, it is nice to be in charge!
I was thinking more along the lines that since I blogged about being in Enrichment forever, the Lord told the Bishop to get me a new calling.
Congrats! It's always nice to have a change in callings.
Congrats! I'm our ward's choir director. It's a great calling. Have fun with it.
Post a Comment