
When we were newlyweds and I worked for a company that basically paid me to cross-stitch on the job, I started making Christmas Stockings. It took several years to finish them, but by Sabrina's first Christmas, I had 3 completed. Roderic was celebrating his 2nd Christmas when I got his finished.
Now we're approaching Hyrum's 2nd Christmas and cross-stitching a whole stocking is not a high priority. Rather than give up and buy Hyrum a stocking, I decided that I could make a quilted one. Last night I finished it! I worked on cross-stitching his name and "Nadolig Llawen" (Merry Christmas in Welsh) during Roderic's gymnastics class (and also some late nights). At least his will have some continuity with the others. It was a lot of fun to machine quilt this project, thanks to Stacy's description of how to do it.
In case you're wondering, each stocking has "Merry Christmas" stitched in a different language. So far I've used Russian, French, Dutch, Danish and Welsh.
2 comments:
I think the quilted one is definitely my favorite!
Nice job. They all look fantastic.
Post a Comment