OK, so these aren't boots. They are super cute moccasin socks for babies. I've had them since the beginning of December and Hyrum can't pull them off of his feet! We have warm feet again! (And in case you're wondering, they come in 9 different colors!) I bought them in Navy because its a practical color and match almost all of his clothes, especially his navy church pants that he's been wearing with only white socks. Unfortunately, right after I bought these, I got him some black church pants. At least it isn't as stark of a color change as white socks, though.
I don't know if it was seeing his cousins close to his age walking and running as we visited family over the New Year holiday; or if it was deciding that he was strong enough to resist being pushed over by his brother; or if he just wanted new praise and attention from everyone in the room. On Wednesday, January 2, 2008, Hyrum took 3 unprovoked steps. What do I mean by unprovoked steps? He was standing up by the couch, turned around and proceeded to take 3 steps towards a toy on the ground. Then he stumbled down and picked up the toy. I was lucky enough to see it.In the days that have passed, we've done more walking games with him and he's getting steadier on his feet. Now we just need to capture his adorable walk on video...
2 comments:
Yea for Hyrum! Rachel has been taking a few steps in the past few days, too, and I was beginning to wonder if your prediction that she would walk before Hyrum would, in fact, be realized. After all those months of crawling, though, he should become a great reader! At least that's what they say...
Hyrum is walking!!! That is great. And it is a cool moment when you first see it. I am so glad you were there.
Crawling helps with hand coordination and the brain knowing where the body is in space. Any activity that "crosses the midline of the body" is hard without lots of crawling. Especially as it relates to handwriting. Any letters that goes across itself, like x, k, y etc., are harder to achieve at first. Crawling helps the brain process and recreate these kinds of letters. (I know because of all the work and time spent with Spencer and his problems with writing when he was young.) So be glad he did it!
And get ready for another walker!!! You know all about that. Have a great day! Leesha
Post a Comment