Sabrina's Christmas Dress.

An original UGLY Quilt for Shelly.
We had Shelly & Paul for our gift exchange and I decided that I would make her an UGLY quilt. To make it even better, though, I called her up at the end of September and asked if she had any scrap fabrics that she'd like to give me for a rag quilt I was working on. I also asked Genette for scraps, so Shelly wouldn't get suspicious. Over General Conference weekend, I picked up both of their scraps -lots and lots of fabric! 95% of the fabric on the quilt is Shelly's, the last little bit is from my stash because, a) I didn't have any more of Shelly's cut and b) I wanted it to be a part of me as well. I put on patches from Argentina, BYU and Layton and gave them the instruction to add patches for all the places they visit. And of course, I made a tag for it (but I finished it in Utah and didn't take any pictures of it before giving them the quilt).
The cutest aprons you ever saw!

While walking through a fabric store with NO children one August day, I came across a pattern for a reversible apron. I bought it on the spot. Then, in October, when the cousin gift exchange list came and Sabrina had Ryan's 19 year old neice, I decided the apron would be a perfect gift for her to make. So Sabrina picked out the purple fabrics. I picked the pink and greens because I needed to make up one before helping Sabrina make the other one. They turned out so cute! And both Allie and Missy put them right on to model for everyone at the party. Don't be too surprised if you see these recreated throughout the year.
5 comments:
Turns out there was, in fact good reason for you ignoring me these past few months, besides the FREEZING cold weather, that is. :)
Sorry. I'll make Malauna invite you over. You can help her sew more aprons. Lots of relatives left that have Birthdays this year...
Where in the world do you find the time to make all of these wonderful things? I sew occasionally, but everytime I do, I find that it absorbs so much of my time, and I get totally sick of the project, and I swear that I'll never sew again (until the next time) before I'm finished. You must have a nicer machine than mine, it will only consent to tie knots for me half of the time. Or you are probably just better at it than me! Great stuff though!
Those projects are pretty amazing! I don't blame you at all for bragging. Where in the world did you learn how to sew? Well, I guess Milaka sews too so maybe you learned it at home. I don't know. So I guess I just wait patiently for my apron...?
You did an amazing job. I'd been meaning to sew those into a scrap quilt for years but health, dance/work, school, and kids always got in the way. So it was an especially nice gift. By the way, all my kids say that the quilt is not ugly. And I need the pattern traced or the pattern number. Amy gets to go on trek (hopefully if her knee is okay) this summer and needs an apron.
Post a Comment