Getting 6 children and 4 adults dressed and out the door for 9am church is not an easy task. We arrived shortly after 9am, while the opening hymn was being sung, #64 On This Day of Joy and Gladness. We didn't pay attention to what verse was being sung, so Milaka led our group into the chapel. The hymn ended. The person saying the prayer waited at the pulpit while we all finished filing into the row, climbing over Ambrose who wanted to sit on the side. Talk about a dramatic entrance. We had a lot of people notice we were visitors. I was surprised at how many said I looked like Milaka, but agreed with them none-the-less.Every week, Roderic tells us how much he doesn't want to go to church. How he wants to go to Nursery instead of Sunbeams. This week was no different. When we get to church, though, he is happy and running off to his class. This week was no different. Ryan took him down to the primary room, asking where the sunbeams go. Then Roderic happily took the sister's hand and walked with her until he was dropped off in the sunbeam classroom. She asked him what his name was and he said "Wodewic." She turned to Ryan for translation and then Roderic said, "My name is Wodewic Wyan Gibby." Apparently the sunbeam teachers also had a problem understanding his name. As we were putting him to bed, he told us, "Them called me Wobert. My name isn't Wobert, its Wodewic Wyan Gibby." When I picked him up from Sunbeams, the teachers told me he told them that he would be back at Thanksgiving. News to me. Perhaps we'll get Milaka to host the Christensen Thanksgiving dinner at her house this year.
4 comments:
I love a dwamatic entwy. Tell Wodewic that Wachel says hi. Why do we give kids names that stawt with R?
How hilarious! Smart of you to keep track of the funny things that Wodewic Wyan Gibby is doing! I guess I'm game for Thanksgiving in Portland, but I don't know how that would go over with everyone else. Oh well.
Heads up - we had an eventful weekend so stay tuned to my blog to learn about our MAJOR EVENT.
Jawedd still says Jawedd and Wobbie unless we wemind him. I wonder when the school starts worring about the "r" sound?
What a darling picture of Roderic. He looks like such a big boy!
Post a Comment