Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's Always Fun For Everyone...

When Grandpa Comes!



We had the pleasure of hosting not one, but 2 Grandpa's and 2 Grandma's this past weekend! The occasion that brought them here was Roderic's first tumbling recital.



Roderic waiting to perform at his recital. The Blue Dolphins

Roderic has been taking "Tumble Rhythm I" from Wright Foot Forward dance studio this past year. Mrs. Wright is an amazing teacher for young children. She keeps them moving, learning and having fun. Her studio does a recital in the spring. On a stage. In sparkly costumes. With an audience of parents and grandparents (according to Roderic). Roderic was so excited to learn that he was going to dance on a stage with curtains. He asked if it was the day for his recital weekly for 5 weeks. He asked both sets of grandparents to come see him perform. And they both said yes!

As luck would have it, Sabrina's soccer team played in the Championship game of the Idaho Rush Select Classic tournament that same day. And it didn't conflict with Roderic's recital, so we were all able to go and cheer for her team! The game was tied 2-2 after regulation, then they played 2 5-minute overtimes. Finally the game ended in a shootout. The Sharks beat the Blue Dolphins by a score of 5-3. I had butterflies in my stomach, telling myself that this was my 3rd grader playing, not a professional troupe of athletes. Not even playing for a college scholarship. They were playing for fun.



Grandma & Grandpa G and Meggan brought presents to celebrate Sabrina and my birthdays.



I made a cake to celebrate Grandpa C's birthday. Roderic got to help blow out the candles. (I love Ryan's facial expression in that picture!)



My kids sure do love "The Pied Piper" (Uncle Carson)!

Sunday mroning Hyrum decided that he needed to chime in his gratefulness of his Grandpas coming and learned to say their names, "Bamba!" Now we have a picture of them as the background on our computer and he says "Bamba" every time he sees it! It's good we'll be visiting UT this weekend, so he can see them in person again.

Due to unforseen technical difficulties, the video performance is not yet available. Check back later.

4 comments:

Shanda said...

Well you have certainly piqued my interest! I will be checking back for the video performance. We look forward to seeing you this weekend!

Malauna said...

Shanda, I'm glad that you will come back and check my blog later to see the video. You would have come again another time, anyhow, video or no video.

Machtyn said...

Malauna, you'll be glad to know I answered your question in my latest posting. And, for effect, this link will take you there

Noelle said...

What a fun time. I love it when family comes to visit.