You may not realize that today is George Washington's Birthday. His birthday has been celebrated on the 3rd Monday of February ever since 1971 (you gotta love the Uniform Monday Holiday Act).
This song is from "Holiday Inn" a movie made in 1942 starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. My sisters and I discovered this movie about 15 years ago. We'd always wondered why in the movie "White Christmas" everyone knew the title song - and after seeing "Holiday Inn" we knew why. Irving Berlin wrote "White Christmas" for that movie!
"I Can't Tell a Lie" is one of the more humorous songs from the movie, which I recommend to you for your viewing pleasure. We just got it from Netflix and I had Ryan and Sabrina watch it with me. Original songs for Lincoln's Birthday, Valentine's Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas! Enjoy
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nice. By the way, this is absolutely the best song ever written for anything in February!
(Who's the zombie making pancakes?)
Very cute movie! I'll bet really did have a great time making it. I look forward to watching more!
Love the cute pictures!
Why was my Mom holding the boys' heads in one of those? Odd.
Your mom was posing with the boys and had her hands on their heads, as opposed to the backs of the chairs. Don't tell me she's never done that with Ava!
Post a Comment