Sunday, May 10, 2009

What day is it?

8:30 a.m. My bed is full - crowded. Hyrum and Roderic had both earlier climbed into our bed to warm up. I still keep my eyes closed, trying to eek out a few more minutes of sleep. Ryan said, "Oh, Sabrina!"

I opened my eyes and saw Sabrina standing silently next to my bed with a tray full of food. Waffles, muffins, syrup, milk.

Roderic asks, "What day is it?"

I reply, "It's a day so special that Sabrina brought me breakfast in bed. What's a mom to do?"

Hyrum states, "Do lawdy (laundry)."

Then, everyone left my bed and I got to eat, alone.

Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

The Fieldings said...

That was a sweet thing to do, Sabrina. Happy Mother's Day, Malauna!

Luella said...

What a wonderful daughter you have! Happy Mother's Day!

Ryan said...

I can't believe Hyrum said that. He cracks me up to no end. I guess he's right that it's pretty rare that I do laundry. But I do do the dishes...