Friday, June 19, 2009

Violin Camp, day 5

No, your eyes aren't deceiving you. This stage is full of cellos. They call it a cello band. I'm putting a video of them playing Eleanor Rigby for you, Noelle (since you're the first person I saw play the Beatles on a cello).




Orchestra recap: On the first day of orchestra, the conductor split the violins into boys and girls. Boys sat to the conductor's right and girls sat to the conductor's left. Then she assigned the 2 violas and 3 cellos to sit in the middle. Sabrina got to challenge herself and learn the 2nd Violin part. The concert they gave today sounded really nice. They played Tropical Serenade, Rock Candy and Adios Amigos. I'll put Tropical Serenade on the blog at a later time.



After eating lunch, we went to the musical theatre class performance. They performed 3 songs from Suessical. Sabrina and I would now like to see the whole thing.


Sabrina with her Scandinavian Fiddling Instructor, Goran Berg. He's about to sign her Fiddle book!

Sabrina with her Master Class teacher, Pat D'Ercole from Stevens Point, Wisconsin.


2 comments:

Noelle said...

I'm honored. Thank you. Looks like a fun camp.

Shanda said...

It was great seeing you last week. I'm glad Sabrina had such a good time!