I signed up Sabrina and Roderic for swimming lessons at BSU this summer on the recommendation from a few friends. Roderic was placed in level 1, which was good for him. He was so stiff, wouldn't do "bobs", tried to have a death grip on his teachers when they were working with him, etc. After the second day, he came home saying, "They're trying to sink me!" His teachers called him "Roady" - a nickname Roderic liked, but only coming from them. I am not EVER supposed to call him that. By the end of the 3 weeks, he did "bobs" at the start of the lessons, and wasn't nearly as stiff when the teachers would help him float and do strokes.
Sabrina was in level 4. She worked on several strokes: freestyle, backstroke, breast stroke, sidestroke. She improved a lot over the 3 weeks of lessons. She would still like to work on her dive, and butterfly stroke (they only did that one on the last day). She said it was a lot of fun to play water polo on the last day of class.
We'll be doing lessons from them again next year, for sure!
2 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun. I think the butterfly stroke is pretty hard to do.
Ha! Brings back memories of Exacto's first couple of rounds of swimming lessons. I ended up bribing him big time with rainbow-popsicles.
Post a Comment