Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentines with HEART

When grocery shopping last week, I came across a bin of Hershey's mini Valentine chocolate bars in the bulk foods section. I waded through and pulled out about 40 Krackel bars (they're my favorite!) I thought they would be fun for Sabrina to use to make Valentines for her school class. After I brought them home and told her about them, she gave me a note from school saying that the 5th grade is having a pot-luck luncheon to celebrate Valentine's day and Valentines were not necessary. Well, what was I to do with 35 mini Krackel bars (I'd already eaten 5)? I decided to use them still for Valentines, but I put them in a Strawberry Nesquik canister and mailed them to my missionary brother! I figure he can eat them all himself, or share them with others. The phrases Sabrina and I wrote on them are variations on "You KRACKEL me up, Valentine!" and "Be Mine. Don't cause my heart to KRACKEL." I thought it was rather clever.


I found these super cute Valentines while blog surfing last night with Ryan (really I was forcing him to look at this bow-tie pattern that I want to buy). The instructions on how to make the valentines are found here! Hyrum had a lot of fun helping me stuff some this morning - we ran out of staples, though.

1 comment:

Elder Christensen said...

Dear Gibby Family,

You really "Krackel" me up. That "lovely" care package was really full of "heart." And conveniently enough, it arrived on February 13 as my companion and I were heading out the door to our Ward's Valentine party. I really like the pictures, too. I hope you all had a happy Valentine's day!

-Elder "Uncle Colter" Christensen