Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dear Tooth Fairy

Let's just say that Roderic has an extremely low threshold for pain. A few weeks ago he noticed that one of his teeth were loose. He wouldn't allow any help in wiggling it, and he would hardly wiggle it himself. A few days later, we noticed that the replacement tooth was growing in, a little behind the loose one. Because I am such a mean, caring parent, when Roderic fell asleep in Sacrament meeting that Sunday (3-7), I spent the hour wiggling his tooth. Still no luck on getting it to come out. On Thursday (3-11), for an after school snack, he got a cookie (Samoa, yum!) and a fruit roll-up. Afterwards, he said, "Mom! My tooth came out!" I said, "Great! Where is it?" Roderic said, "I think I threw it in the trash." Apparently, the tooth came out with the super sticky fruit roll-up and he thought it was something gross and crunchy, so he took it out of his mouth and put it in the trash. I did not search the trash for his tooth. I told him that he would have to write a note for the tooth fairy to tell her that he lost his tooth. If it wasn't such a chore for him to write for long periods, I would have had him explain that the tooth was in the garbage. This note worked just fine though...Roderic woke up so excited with quarters under his pillow! He exclaimed, "Mom, the note worked!"



And here is Roderic, missing one tooth! Welcome to the missing tooth club, son!

2 comments:

Amy Heath said...

I love his sweet note! It's so exciting to be part of the "big kid" club! Congrats Roderic!!

Steph said...

That note would convince any tooth fairy! Way to go, Roderic!!