Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Hyrum!

Low-key party to celebrate Hyrum's birthday. They played hide-n-seek, Wii bowling, ate lunch, opened presents and played with the remote-control cars he received. Such fun.

Four things I love about Hyrum:
1. He has a big, cheesy smile that he likes to share a lot.
2. He likes to sing all. the. time. Except for during the primary Sacrament meeting program, when he yawned a lot. But, he did stand and sit at the right times...
3. He 'reads' the Book of Mormon with us each night. My favorite part was when the Lamanites took their chickens with them to church to learn about Jesus. (3 Nephi 10:4-6)
4. He has an amazing imagination and he uses it.
Hyrum: "I want to be Commander Cody when I grow up. I'm a good clone trooper. I'm Commander Cody."
Dad: "Are you from Wyoming?"
Hyrum: "Well he's an actor. I don't want to be an actor. I want to be an actor, but I don't because I want to stay a Gibby. If I'm an actor, I can't be a Gibby...so...I'll be a construction worker."
Dad: "A construction worker?"
Hyrum: "Yeah, Construction workers can still be a Gibby!"

2 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

What's wrong with an actor with the last name of Gibby? Too odd sounding?

Michelle said...

Such an awesome age. You need to follow him around with a pen and paper and blog everything he says. :)