
Sometimes I get frustrated with my ancestors who didn't keep a journal. I really want to know what their lives were like. How they handled struggles. Read their testimonies.
Then I remember that life is full of work. Mouths to feed. Dishes to clean. Laundry to fold. Gardens to plant, harvest, put to rest. Clothes to make. Decorations to get out, enjoy, put away.
This morning while Hyrum was at Joy School (performing the Nativity for a nice grandma in our ward), I got to help in Roderic's reading class. Every student read the same story for 1 minute. Leo came with me. He didn't cry, although the 2 squawks he made did cause the neighboring room to close their door. Roderic reads as well as the rest of them. I'm working on cutting out Christmas pjs. The fabric is really cute this year! You'll see them on Christmas here (hopefully). In an hour I get to take Sabrina to an orthodontist appointment to put the rest of her brackets. I'm performing with Syringa Sound Chorus at a retirement home this evening. I may be the only tenor in attendance. I've re-read President Uchtdorf's talk "Of Things That Matter Most" several times and love the message.
1 comment:
We have immense technology to document our lives in great detail, camera phones, blog access anywhere, yet few still document their lives.
Post a Comment