Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow Day

So, we woke up to 6 inches of fresh snow this morning and learned that school was canceled. Last night I made some Pumpkin French Toast for breakfast (it was really good!), so I was all ready for shoveling the snow off the driveway so Ryan could go off to work and then use all of my extra helpers to get some Christmas decorations up.

And then I remembered the Legos strewn all over the table in Roderic and Hyrum's room and knew that Leo could pull himself up and then eat all of those Legos, so we had a "GREAT LEGO BUILD" day - which lasted all of 20 minutes, when the neighbors called to ask my kids to go play in the snow. Sabrina, Roderic and Hyrum were outside for hours playing in the snow. I nursed Leo and built Legos. The boys got cold and came in (and helped building). Sabrina went to a friend's house. Lunch was late. Piano lessons was later and now the Legos are built and up high in the closet.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll get some decorations out...

No comments: