Monday, May 23, 2011

More May Madness

May is truly a busy month with all of the end of school activities. But for good measure, we added a few trips on top of it, too. Shoshone Falls, Swan Falls Dam (Ryan and the scouts), Utah, and Spokane.

We traveled to Utah for Missy and Evan's wedding in the middle of last week. They were married on a beautiful rainy day in SLAKE.


All of Ryan's siblings (except missionary Meggan) were in attendance, so we made sure to get a picture of them together.

Then on Friday, after dropping our three oldest at 3 different homes, Ryan, Leo and I flew to Spokane so I could compete with Syringa Sound Chorus in Region 24's Sweet Adeline International competition. We sang our hearts out and Ryan took this contraband photo of the group. This was the first time Syringa Sound Chorus competed. 13 of the 17 singers had never sung in competition before. The crowd was pleased. The judges were pleased. We were pleased. Our score was 465, which was good for 9th place overall out of 15! I'm second in from the left on the front row.
And now that we're back home, I'm prepping to teach Joy School this week. The unit is about families and I made this Ancestor Tree for a part of the lesson.
Compared with all the traveling last week, this week should be pretty calm. Only 8 more days of school!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

What about EFT?

Renae said...

That singing thing sounds like a lot of fun!! I would so love something like that!