The other night, Roderic and Hyrum were delaying going to sleep. Not unusual at all, unfortunately. "I need a story." "I need a drink." "I need some music." "I need the light on." "I need the light off." "Roderic isn't letting me fall asleep." "Hyrum isn't letting me fall asleep." "It's too hot." They were using all of them.
Ryan was finishing the front lawn and I was enjoying the cool evening without the smell of fire on the front porch swing. Our neighbor, Stan, was working on his Hot Rod. Its a Model A cab, with an early corvette engine, a sweet ride. I told the boys to go ask if they could have a ride. They were too shy. I told them I would go with them. So we walked down to the end of the cul-de-sac, where he was taking pictures (it's for sale, if you're interested I can get you the info). He told them to hop in and off they went. Five or so minutes of driving around the neighborhood and the boys came home so happy. Tired? Not at all. They still needed a story, some music, the light off and a drink.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
About time Gibbyr finished with the lawn & sitting on the porch didn't smell like fire.
You'd think there would be an easier way to mow a lawn besides igniting it on fire, but you never know with Gibbyr.
Love your dress below!
And- what is it about bedtime that makes me equal parts so ecstatic to be a mom, and wanting to strangle my kids?
Post a Comment