Friday, November 30, 2012

She put what in her mouth?

Yesterday at my routine prenatal exam, the midwife intern was unable to feel the baby's head with her hands and so we did an ultrasound to make sure she wasn't breach or transverse.  Seeing the ultrasound was awesome.  Baby is indeed head down, already in my pelvis, which is why the midwife intern couldn't feel it.  We saw baby's two fists and the umbilical cord.  It looked like the cord was in her fists and then she moved her fist to her mouth.  So cute to think that she is 'playing' with what is in the womb to entertain her.  But what is she doing biting the cord that feeds her?

In the photo of the ultrasound, the dark circle is her eye socket.  Her fist, holding the umbilical cord, is located right under the word FACE and is in her mouth.  We're at week 39, so if this pregnancy finishes like the other 4 (which is what I'm expecting), anytime this week we'll get to welcome her!

1 comment:

Trever and Heather said...

So cute already! I can't wait to see her! I'm wishing you a happy delivery (I was going to say "speedy" but then remembered Hyrum's birth).