Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Baby, New Quilt

After returning from Russia, it was apparent that my friend was having another baby. She was 'forced' into sharing her news because her abdomen had popped out. I decided I could make her a quilt for her baby, so I called and asked what her favorite colors are. She replied, "What am I doing with these colors? Wearing them? Decorating with them? Eating them?" I told her, "Cuddling a baby with them." With that information she told me greens and purples because she would find out the sex of the baby at birth. I saw a stripy quilt at Quilter's Crossing that I thought I could do, so I decided that would be the quilt for this baby. It was really easy to piece. And with the help of Stacy's fancy embroidery sewing machine, I was able to quilt it with a fancy loop-de-loop stitch.
I am pleased with the results.

And once again, I embroidered a tag for the back. Still love my signature in thread! And don't you just love the material I found for the back of the quilt?

2 comments:

Steph said...

Pretty! You're so talented.

(I finally remembered my google account so I can comment.)

Renae said...

yes, love it!!