One of the many joys of motherhood is seeing the amazing imaginations of my children. For example, when I had my jaw surgeries in the fall of 2002, Sabrina fixed up an apple box to be a hospital bed for herself. We spent hours of recovery with her in her 'hospital bed' and me on the couch.
The latest encounter was last night, when Roderic decided that our family should go to school and he would be the teacher. School started out by him telling a story from my childhood. It was hilarious. Especially since Ryan couldn't understand what Roderic was talking about. And that is when the no laughing sign appeared. I had to get it on film, but he wouldn't retell my story.
We had a tough time getting Roderic to stop the school so we could SSP (Scripture, Song, Prayer) with the family.
And since you're probably wondering about the story from my youth, here it is:
For several years, I had a special stool that I would uses in the kitchen. It had words on it, in all caps, "STAND UP TO BE TALL. SIT DOWN TO BE SMALL." It was my stool because one year on my birthday (3rd or 4th) my whole family went to the store and purchased this red stool. My older brother and sisters like to tease me that it wasn't really my stool, but it was. It was bought in MY presence on MY birthday. They are just jealous to not to have such a cool stool.
7 comments:
What a cute guy! He's so grown-up! I liked "No Laughing!"
I love that he puts his hands on his hips when he's trying to be serious.
I can't believe you are still trying to claim that stool! It was for the whole family! I can still remember the arguments where you would run off crying to Mom that I was using "your stool." It isn't! It wasn't! It never will be!
The lesson for you, Shanda, is not going to the store on any of your children's birthdays with them.
When you take a child to the store on their birthday, all purchases are gifts for that child. EVERYONE knows that (you just refuse to admit it).
Your Blog is awesome and so full. Someday, I will have to find time to set one up for myself. Thanks for sharing your site with me.
I love that the stool argument is still going on after how many years? That's funny! Wow! you guys have some really strict laughing rules in your house!
Okay look, I think the lesson for you here yours! Just because it was purchased on your birthday doesn't count for anything. Believe me, as a veteran with a December birthday, you do NOT get everything purchased on your birthday. And for the record if you die before me, I'm going to be sure to correct your misconception at your funeral. The truth must be known!!
Post a Comment