
I went to see "Enchanted" with Sabrina and Mitzi Richlin on Saturday. We went to our favorite movie theatre, Overland Park Cinemas, where adults can pay $3 to see the movie or $3.50 to see the movie and get a food ticket worth $3. The child's ticket is $1.50. Using the food ticket, Sabrina got a small buttered popcorn and I got a small caramel corn (nothing like Turk's delicious caramel corn, but good none-the-less). We paid $5 for the afternoon out.
This was the first movie since "That Thing You Do" (1996) that I left the theatre singing the songs and really wanting to buy the soundtrack. As I'm all about digital music now, I downloaded the whole album from amazon.com because it was $9.49 there versus $9.99 at iTunes. Although, the album from iTunes did include the music video of Ever Ever After sung by Carrie Underwood (but I don't care about music videos, so I saved the $.50 and am able to play these songs on my mp3 player). My brother, Colter says that listening to "Happy Working Song" while cleaning the house does keep things interesting (although he had no rodents helping him). I'll be giving that a try soon.
So, if you're even slower to see new movies than me, I recommend this one. If it's no longer in a dollar theatre near you, watch it on DVD (but get the wide screen version instead of the full screen one). I was pleased to see a movie that was pro-marriage. It is rated PG. I bought it on DVD the day it came out at Wal-mart (mistakenly picking up the full screen version argh!).
6 comments:
I actually paid full price (gasp) to see this movie with Emma for her birthday. We loved it then. This week we watched it a couple of times at Grandma's house where we rented it from Redbox (for free). My boys don't like it quite so much but we will probably purchase the DVD anyway.
My kids loved it. We bought it for this weekend and then all watched it together. Jaredd (5) was a little scared because "real people" are scarrier than cartoons. And it was the first time I haven't fallen asleep during family video night in a long time. High praise.
We saw Enchanted when it first came out in the theater. We really liked it a lot. I'm sure we'll get the DVD soon (widescreen all the way!). It was Rachel's first experience going to the theater, but she slept through the whole thing!
I still haven't seen this one, but I intend to.
Liz and I saw this one instead of going Christmas shopping. It was great! We had this date planned in the middle of december and we were doing the holiday stress thing and so we were going to spend all our kid free time shopping. But when I got home from work, I looked at liz and we decided to heck with chirstmas! Dinner and a Movie! We laughed so hard through Enchanted. It was perfect.
Good for you for finally seeing it! Jason and I went on our date night, and then took the kids to the matinee the next week. We have the DVD and soundtrack as well. The music video by Carrie Underwood is on the DVD special features, so you did well to save the $.50. Tegan and Janica both love quoting lines from the movie. Their favorite part is when Prince Edward jumps off the bridge in the park singing, and gets hit by the bicycle riders. Finally another great movie from Disney that wasn't done by Pixar!
Post a Comment