
In the Boise School District, Spring Break starts at 1:15 pm on the second to last Friday of March. This year it happened to be Easter weekend. So at church, instead of the chapel being filled to the brim with people, it was sparsely populated. The primary children (who were there) sang "Hosanna". Roderic wouldn't go up to sing, though; he was feeling shy and nervous (and he peed his pants). I got to sing "I Walked Today where Jesus Walked" in an ensemble of talented people (standing next to my honey) with an amazing accompanist. Our ward choir didn't sing because all of the accompanists and a lot of singers were out of town for Spring Break. In January, at a choir practice where I asked who would be in town on Easter, 3 people raised their hands. Then as I was finding people to sing in a triple-quartet, lots of singers came out of the woodwork. They must not have been at that one choir practice in January.
Since we have Sabrina enrolled in the Optional Calendar class at her school, meaning a year-round schedule, we rarely leave town the week of spring break. Starting last Friday at 1:15 pm, she has no school for the next 3 weeks!
The YMCA offers swimming lessons for school

-aged children during Spring Break that cost $15. The lessons are daily for 45 minutes (15 minutes of instruction outside of the pool and 30 minutes in the water). Stacy and I are carpooling, so I'm only driving on Tuesday and Thursday. During the lessons, the kiddie pool (1 to 2 ft. deep) is open and available for the younger siblings of those taking lessons. Roderic and Hyrum had a lot of fun in the pool this morning. Although, Roderic is scared by the buckets of dropping water in one corner of the pool. And he refused to go down the dragon slide.
When Sabrina got home yesterday, I asked if she was in the same level class as Sara and Tessa. She said no. I asked how many swimmers were in her class. She said 2. I asked how many swim instructors. She said 2. Lucky her! Lucky me! We are basically getting a week of private lessons for $15! (Today she said there were 3 teachers for her class.) If you'd like to watch her technique, which is a lot better than mine, click on the movie below.
4 comments:
The dragon slide? Are you kidding me? You gotta take that kid down the other slide and then he'll think that dragon slide is peanuts. Funny, funny Roderic.
Sounds like a fun spring break. But how's the weather? We are having very hit or miss weather. We have some days that are just beautiful, and others, well, not so much. Today was beautiful.
that's the cutest picture of hyrum!
Sabrina sure is a good swimmer! You're lucky to have swim lessons for so cheap. I keep looking into doing it down here. Oh well. Maybe in the summer. Also, I know what you mean about singers coming out of the woodwork. Of course when I was choir director all the singers went into the woodwork, not the other way around. Hmm...
Post a Comment