
Sabrina's school had a Wild Western Carnival last Friday. Ryan, as assistant Scoutmaster, went camping to Bruneau Dunes with the Boy Scouts, so I took the kids myself. We spent $20 on food, rides and games and had a blast! (Especially after meeting up with the Smith's.) I think the wanted poster of them there is absolutely adorable; the seriousness of Sabrina and Roderic, Hyrum crying, Roderic hugging them both. At the carnival there was a "train" ride, multiple bounce house toys, climbing wall, pony rides, bike rodeo and a petting zoo. The kids liked looking at the camel and zeebra and petting the goats (watching 2 of them fight as well). Apparently Hyrum picked up that animals say "baa."
When our home teachers came on Tuesday, Brother Ricks shared a lesson about tithing based on Elder Sheldon F. Child's talk, The Best Investment, from the most recent General Conference. Elder Child told a story of selling a calf that he had raised and requested that his dad pay him in silver dollars. To keep the kids interested and following along, Brother Ricks asked what a cow says, Roderic & Sabrina replied, "Moo!" and Hyrum said, "Baa!" We all had a good chuckle over that one. (I guess I've got some teaching to do.)
2 comments:
What a fun school activity! I love the wanted poster too. What cute kids! I think they get it from your side...
Darn, we didn't get the wanted posters! Yours turned out so cute!!
Post a Comment