The diaper bag that I received at St. Alphonsus when Hyrum was born has served its purpose. The black vinyl was starting to tear from our use of it as Sunday bag. I guess we filled it with too many heavy books.
Ryan suggested that we get another one to replace it. I saw potential. The handle was in great condition and so was the front pocket with a zipper. I cut those items off the bag and then went to the fabric store. I saw some really cute pink fabric, but seeing as I want Ryan to carry it as well, I went for this cool stripe that Stacy pointed out. Then came the sewing. It took about 3.5 hours start to finish, with a few interruptions from children. Then the Enfamil badge totally looked out of place, so I asked Stacy to make a tag for me with her Embroidery machine. 10 COW. She scoured the web for a jersey cow, and found this one. I hand stitched "ten" above it. I think my new tag is a winner. I think I may have more made up so I can put them on lots of items I sew.
8 comments:
Cute, cute, cute!
That's adorable!
That is great. I love it.
Way cute!
I love it. You are way too creative. :)
That's what I call "Use it up, make it do, or do without." (Or however that saying goes.)
I hate to throw cold water on all this, but that is not a Jersey cow. It is a Holstein. But it is still really good.
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Renae, "Wear it out" is a part of that saying as well. And, you're right, Noelle. It's not a Jersey.
Post a Comment