Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spring!

I love the flowers in our yard that bloom in the spring.
Although, I don't think I have enough of them blooming this year.
I'm going to plant some more in the fall.
This is one of the trees in our front yard, with the 3-headed daffodils underneath.

On a side note, today at the park with friends, we were 'snowed' on by petals falling from one of the trees.
I can handle that kind of snow in May.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Isn't it great? I love driving down Lake Forest and seeing all the pink blossoms! Makes me happy.

Topsy said...

Ahh May. Isn't is the best!

Topsy said...

Steph's comment made me remember. Isn't it the crab apples that blossom all down Lake Forest. I remember the association President saying, when we were working on the tree pruning plan, that he wouldn't mind seeing all of them chopped down cause they were a pain and ugly. And I thought, no way, the two weeks of pink blossoms lining the drive makes them all worthwhile!

Malauna said...

It would be really sad to see the crab apple trees go. I think Lake Forest has much prettier landscaping than Grand Forest because of the crab apple trees.