Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Internet is good for my creativity!

STOP! This may just be the absolute CUTEST 2 year old on the planet!

A few weeks ago, JoAnn's fabric store was having a sale on all of their clearance fabrics (it was an additional 50% off!). I couldn't resist picking up the final 1.75 yards of this thermal fabric. Hyrum needed pjs, afterall. I didn't feel like making a top, just pajama pants for him. And they were cute. And he loved to wear them! Then I was doing a dangerous activity...
I was browsing through lots of different crafty blogs. Inspiration, you know. One lady added thermal sleeves to some onesies. Brilliant! I just happened to have onesies in Hyrum's size I was doing nothing with AND I had just bought all that thermal. I guess Hyrum could have a matching shirt for his pj bottoms. The shirt looked great, but the body of the onesie was so blank. No. Excitement. At. All. On the internet again...

This time, the lady on the blog was talking about making your own stencils with freezer paper to then paint on shirts. I was hooked! I found a coloring page of a stop sign, traced it on the freezer paper. Ironed the stencil on the onesie and painted. Ta da!

The result is a huge success! He calls them his "Stop Sign Jammies."

(the place I go for crafty inspiration is here.)

9 comments:

Susie said...

Stinkin' cute!

Amber Bonner said...

That is a great idea! I love freezer paper for quilting, but I would never have thought to use it for a stencil!

The Fieldings said...

That is adorable!

Ralina said...

So cute. You are so crafty. They look great.

Michelle said...

You're just amazing! When I grow up, I hope I can sew like you.

Steph said...

Very cute! Jeremy's mom made some jammies for Max with that same car print. He loves them!

Luella said...

What a fantastic idea - I love it!!!

Robert Gibby said...

It would take three colors of paint, but you could make a traffic signal too. Why would I think of that!?

Those are really cute just as they are! Congrats to a crafty lady.

Shanda said...

Yes I looked at your blog and yes I like the pajamas. Now are you happy? I think we are a go for WDW.