Monday, May 11, 2009

THIS IS NOT MY MOM!!!!!

A friend and her husband are in Hawaii for the week. While they are out of town, I get to bring their kindergartner home from school. Finally the weather has turned nice, so we're bicycling. She doesn't know how to ride a bike by herself, however, I own a Novara Afterburner.

On Friday, I picked her up right on time. She told a few of her friends that I was not her mom, but that she had to go with me anyway. Then, she started shouting from the tops of her lungs, "THIS IS NOT MY MOM!" And continued shouting. All. the.way. home. (It took about 12 minutes.) No one stopped me. No one questioned me. (A mom from the ward (who incidentally has a degree in Criminal Justice) told me today that she looked and saw that the shouter was with me, and didn't do anything further.)

If she does it again, I think I'll tell her the story of the boy who cried wolf...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is so hilarious. I told Chris about it and he cracked up, too.