Thursday, April 8, 2010

The difference a week can make...

Last Wednesday, I was tipping the scale at 166 lbs. and looked like this:


Today, I am happy to report that the scale reads 139 lbs. and I spend my day looking like this:

(photo by Hyrum)

Sunday afternoon, there was a gentle knock on our door (during General Conference) and Ryan answered it. It was our next door neighbor. She had found out only the week before that I was pregnant -- it's easy to hide your pregnancy from your neighbors during the winter when you don't spend much time outside and when you do, you're bundled up in bulky coats and sweaters. She didn't know that I'd already had the baby, but she wanted to give us a present for the baby. Ryan told her that we'd had our baby boy on Wednesday night and named him Leo. She replied, "Oh! That's perfect!" and proceeded to take out of the gift bag a stuffed baby lion. Is that so cute? Roderic and Hyrum like to make sure that Leo gets lots of time playing with his lion.

And I'd like to send a SHOUT OUT to my husband. During his time off this week, he took it upon himself to potty train Hyrum! Only a little bribery - every time he uses the toilet, he is able to play on the Wii. (Usually the Wii is only played on Fridays and Saturdays after jobs are done.)

1 comment:

The Fieldings said...

That is an adorable pic of Leo sucking his pinkie!