Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Now and Then

my baptism; my first date; my trip to Russia
(yeah, that first date photo should have a blog entry all of its own)


What You Wanted to Be/ Now Are:
age 8: a teacher
age 16: Environmental Engineer or Professional Genealogist
now: I am a mom!

Favorite Toy:
age 8: "Blair Aldo", my Cabbage Patch Kid
age 16: Rollerblades
now: my laptop

Favorite Game:
age 8: Alphabet game
age 16: Celestial Pursuit, not that I was any good. We just didn't own any other games.
now: Ticket to Ride

Favorite Color:
age 8: pink
age 16: forest green
now: I like the variety of colors.

Favorite Movie:
age 8: Condorman
age 16: The Fugitive (and any other movie starring Harrison Ford)
now: Wives and Daughters

Favorite Thing to Do:
age 8: Play barbies, of course I didn't own any at the time. The summer before, my one and only Barbie had gotten run over by the lawn mower (Cortney) because I didn't put it away. My mom wouldn't even let my aunt Luella buy me a new one for my birthday.
age 16: SING
now: sew/quilt, closely followed by reading blogs


Thanks to Heather for suggesting this trip down memory lane.

5 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

Hooray! Did you name your CPK Blair Aldo? Or did it come that way?

Noelle said...

This is an awesome idea. I'm going to copy you. Some time in the future. Not today.

Malauna said...

My CPK came that way. I asked for a girl; sub-for-Santa brought a boy; my mom doctored the birth certificate so the name read Blair Aldora (I didn't figure that out for a couple of years - when the 'RA' ink started changing colors).

Renae said...

Russia. Neat, I've barely been out of my backyard. I was also way into my rollerblades.

Steph said...

GREAT pictures! I love seeing everyone 'back in the day'. Sabrina looks just like you did! I also love Harrison Ford movies to this day.