What is his name? Ryan Robert
How long have we been married? Eleven years and 4 months
How long did we date? We met right before my 14th birthday. Needless-to-say, we didn't date until he returned from his mission, when I was 17. We then dated off and on for 2 years and 5 days, then were married. If only Dec 23 hadn't been a Sunday that year, we could have been married on the anniversary of our first date.
How old is he? 34
Who said I love you first? Me
Who is taller? He is, unless I wear heels and/or stand on a stool.
Who sings better? We sing duets together. His tenor and my soprano. Need I say more?
Who is smarter? We are smart in different categories.
Whose temper is worse? I think me.
Who pays the bills? Automatic Bill Pay. ;)
Who does the laundry? Me, with a little help from our kids. And he helps fold the clothes that are piled on the bed before we can go to sleep.
Who cooks dinner? If it's fish, he makes it. Otherwise, I enjoy cooking.
Who drives when we are together? Usually Ryan.
Whose parents do you see more? Our parents live less than a mile apart. When we go to visit family, we stay at his folks' house but we spend time at mine as well.
Who eats more sweets? Me. It's easier to eat them, when there are a lot of options of sweets to eat at home. And I can make cookies with my children any time I want. Now I want something sweet to eat. Great.
Who mows the lawn? Sometimes I do, sometimes he does. In a couple more years, we hope to let a kid of ours share that task.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does. But I don't usually get up on the wrong side of the bed. haha
Who asked who out first? I called and asked him, on the day after he returned home from his mission, to go to a concert. He was unable to go because he had to go see his little sister sing in a concert that same night. He asked me to go ice skating a few days later.
Who kissed whom first? It was mutual.
What is my favorite thing about him? Ryan has a way with words. The letters and notes he would write while we were dating and the ones he still writes are beautiful.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Ryan-head
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Interesting information about you and Ryan. Now I wonder what type of question it is to ask who is smarter? I think your answer is the best possible one. How else is someone supposed to respond?
Ahhhh... I loved that. What a great brother!
What fun! So you were pretty young when you got married. I was only 18. I don't know what I was thinking. The first few years were, without a doubt, the hardest years I've ever had. (I hope to never ever have that kind of depression ever again in my life!) 1) I just wasn't ready. 2) He wasn't yet a member of the church. He was just a great guy with a lot of potential, I just couldn't see it after a while. Anyway, it all worked out, and things are great now. It'll be 14 years in just over a month. Yowser, that makes me feel old!
If I'm not being too nosey, may I ask if you found being married young to be difficult in the beginning? Just curious. I guess it depends on the person / their circumstances. I've known people who were married just a young as I was, who seemed perfectly happy.
I'll stop my rambling now.
Yes, we did have some difficulties in the early years, mostly due to my naiveté in regards to marriage relations, but on the whole, I remember it being a happy time.
You might have said I love you first, but Ryan was crazy love sick for you for a long time before that. He must of restrained himself.
Post a Comment