Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sewing with Stacy

Last Wednesday, Stacy took me out to celebrate my birthday. We went to JoAnn Fabric with no children! There was a great sale on fabrics and threads, so I bought some material to make me a skirt, Sabrina and Roderic some shorts and Hyrum a romper. On Thursday she invited me over to sew in her sewing room. Sewing with a friend is great. Sewing with a knowledgable seamstress with 3 sewing machines in one room is amazing! I got all the fabric cut out for the skirt, shorts and romper and then sewed the romper. When I had Hyrum try it on, to see how it looks, this is what I got:




Then, on Monday, my mom emailed me about costumes for our upcoming family chorus barbershop concert. I had the idea that I could make them up for Sabrina and Janica. Stacy provided the patterns and once again I spent yesterday and today working on these 2 dresses. I may even be brave enough to make matching shirts for Mom, Shanda and myself.


I hope to soon get back to making my skirt and the shorts for Roderic and Sabrina, but at least it is not shorts weather yet.

3 comments:

sew happy Stacy said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Shanda said...

Very nice sewing. I clearly don't enjoy it as much as you do, but I certainly enjoy the fruits of your labors!

Topsy said...

Wow, I wish Stace was here. I could use some of those machines!