I am thankful for the sunset I saw tonight on our drive home (from Utah). The sky was dark with rainclouds, and at the horizon the sky was a bright orange.
I am thankful for a living Prophet. I loved listening to President Monson's talks – especially on the announcement of the new temples and his experience at the most recent 3 dedications. Can you imagine being a part of a choir of 1700 singers? Can everyone see the director? Is there more than one director? Cool.
I am thankful for my children. They are so hilarious. Hyrum is right now telling us 'knock,knock' jokes. Here's one “Rodit! Knock, knock!” “Who's There?” “Um, Toto a ah a ha ha ah outside.” Hilarious!
I am thankful for my missionary brother. I'm glad that I can contribute to his mission to be able help in a small way with missionary work.
I'm thankful for Ryan.
I am thankful that my parents were married in the temple, took me to church when I was little, and shared their testimonies with me.
I am thankful for the many great teachers I've had – both at church and at school.
I am thankful that there is music in my life. Piano, voice, violin, bass guitar, tin whistle.
I am thankful that I don't have to work outside the home.
I am thankful to be a part of a big family. Sometimes it is really hard, with our different personalities, ideas and varying ages, but I can't imagine it any other way.
I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I was reading 3 Nephi 9 last night and loved his words to the Nephites who were spared of complete destruction after the sign of his death. I have verse 13 marked: “O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?”
I am thankful for smooth roads.
I am thankful for ice cream.
I am thankful for rainy days.
I am thankful for homegrown tomatoes, grapes, raspberries, etc.
I am thankful for stores with inhouse childcare.
I am thankful for the Book of Mormon.
I am thankful for good friends.
I really think I could go on for a while with this thankful list. There are so many things to be grateful for.
1 comment:
Great post. Conference brought out some of the same feelings in me, too. There is much for us to be grateful for, if we'll just look around a bit.
Post a Comment